- Chips, energy, smallcaps lead gains
- United Air, Chipotle, Coca-Cola, Verizon beat earnings estimates
- Treasury yields rebound after 20-year auction, boosting banks
- Texas Instruments falls in post-market trade after results
- Indexes up: Dow 0.83%, S&P 0.82%, Nasdaq 0.92%
NEW YORK, July 21 (Reuters) – Wall Street stocks posted their second straight daily gain on Wednesday, with robust corporate earnings and renewed optimism about the U.S. economic recovery fueling a risk-on rally.
All three major U.S. stock indexes added to their previous session’s advance, placing all three within 1% of their all-time closing highs.
“It’s a seesaw…