LUCKNOW: The Vigilance Department grilled former BSP minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui for hours over two days in connection with the Rs 1,400 crore scam involving construction of memorials in Lucknow and Noida during Mayawati’s regime.
A source in vigilance establishment said Siddiqui was grilled for five hours during which he faced around 100 questions prepared by the officials to unravel the wrongdoings in the construction of memorials.
An officer privy to the probe said that this is just the first round of questioning, and several rounds of questioning would be held in the case.
On July 1, notices had been served on 40 accused persons, including former BSP ministers Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Babu Singh Kushwaha, and 20 government officers for recording their statements.
While Siddiqui, who joined Congress in 2018, turned up for questioning, Kushwaha expressed his inability for July 20 questioning and sought more time for…

Read full article at scamguards.org

Share.

Comments are closed.